Property insurance specialists
Our real estate insurance is flexible enough to meet the needs of a wide variety of property owners and investors from landlords to pension funds, investment groups and managing agents.
We offer cover for a range of requirements whether your portfolio includes a single property or a multi-location business.
- Property damage for buildings and contents may be insured against a wide range of perils including accidental damage.
- A variety of automatic extensions (dependent upon policy type) including but not limited to:
- Inadvertent omission to insure
- Third party failure to insure
- Capital additions
- Reinstatement to match to current technological standards
- Emergency service damage to grounds
- Extinguisher and alarm resetting expenses
- Sprinkler upgrade costs
- Unauthorised use of utilities
- Fly tipping clearance costs at occupied premises.
- Equipment breakdown for a range of equipment including lifts, boilers and air conditioning systems including extensions for computer failure and loss of data
- Loss of rental income
- Employers liability up to £10million per claim
- Public liability up to £25million per claim, with standard limits of £5million or £10million
- Public liability for asbestos and terrorism up to the limit of indemnity or £10million, whichever is lower
- Legal expenses cover options available.
The above are just some of our product highlights and limitations. For more information on our policies and the cover provided please speak to your broker.
For a full summary of cover please view our Property Owners or Property Investors policy summaries below.
More than just an insurance policy
In addition to our real estate insurance we support you with added services and professional support.
Buildings valuation service
It’s important that your building(s) are insured for the correct amount. Our experience shows many individuals and organisations are underinsured, leaving them out of pocket when disaster strikes. Likewise others are over-insured, resulting in higher premiums than necessary.
Our in-house team of surveyors are able to provide a valuation at no extra cost1 ensuring you are accurately covered, removing these potential issues. And with commercially available valuation services costing upwards of £5002, it’s a service that saves you money.
Real estate risk management surveys and advice
Effective risk management can prevent incidents which lead to claims. Our in-house team of qualified specialists can provide various risk management services including bespoke reports to help you assess and address risks to your properties.
Real estate insurance claims
Our experience in the real estate market enables us to take a proactive approach to protecting your best interests when dealing with property owners' liability claims. We give you direct access to your personal claims handler throughout the claims process.
1Subject to qualifying criteria and Terms & Conditions
2Based on internet research March 2018