Ecclesiastical home insurance policies include cover for student contents while they are away at university, so you can focus on what’s important.
It doesn’t feel like 5 minutes ago they had their first day at nursery, infant/junior school, then they were off to senior school for their GCSEs and Sixth Form to study for their A levels. The time has now come for their next big step – university!!
It’s time to wish them farewell and good luck in their next chapter. This is a very emotional time, with both nerves and excitement alike - not just for your children but for you as parents too. New challenges, experiences and adventures are waiting. There is so much to organise and one of the biggest challenges is accepting they will be making their own decisions and no longer need you as much (apart from arranging food delivery or doing washing when they come home to visit).
But still, as a parent, there will be things that you can do to help. Supporting them and teaching them new things to ensure they have the experience they need to tackle university. They will be taking their own possessions with them and knowing how important their mobile phones, laptops and bikes are to them – you can ensure these are protected.
Under your home insurance policy with Ecclesiastical, we automatically cover student contents whilst at university – giving peace of mind that their prized possessions are protected. Cover includes students in halls of residence or shared accommodation. Here are a few key features and limitations to consider;
- Contents in any student accommodation is covered up to £5,000 in total.
- Items are replaced on a new for old basis (except for linen and clothing).
- Bikes are covered automatically up to £750 but if you have one that’s worth more, please let us know.
- Bikes need to be stored securely for cover to apply - you can read our guide for more information.
- Accidental damage is available as an optional extra on your policy – learn more about our accidental damage cover.
- Any items such as laptops left in an unattended vehicle should be locked away and concealed in a glove or luggage compartment or boot.
- As with most insurance policies, wear and tear and mechanical breakdown are not covered.
You can see our policy wording for full details and limits, or to speak to us about your individual policy, please call the team on 0345 777 3322.