Underwriter - New Business (200848)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 14/10/22
About the role:
The role holder will deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting Ecclesiastical’s “right first time” approach to customer service.
The role predominantly includes assessing and writing New Business within our Church market, and other associated policies such as Charities and Property Owners. It will also involve supporting customers with queries either over the telephone or in written communication.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints and act upon them in line with company policy.
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD).
Key performance indicators:
- Meet retention or New Business targets
- Audit results consistently in line with expectations
- Delivery standard within agreed SLA’s
- Adherence to UW strategy
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent
- Qualified Cert CII or commitment to work towards within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Appropriate IT skills (will be tested)