Test Analyst (200306)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 03/12/21
About the role
To support the Test Manager in the creation and delivery of testing programmes across Ecclesiastical to ensure quality assurance for business change.
- The Test Analyst will typically be involved in the testing or managing the testing of multiple concurrent pieces of work of varying size and complexity
- Provide resource estimation where required and revisit these on a regular basis throughout the project to assess their viability. Revisit all estimates after a project has closed to assess their accuracy
- Create test plans, test data and testing schedules for each piece of work to ensure that the system is reliable when released to the users
- Undertake full requirements analysis to produce robust test scripts that are aligned with business requirements
- Support user acceptance testing for all new systems and system changes
- Report progress on testing ensuring any defects are noted and issues and risks are escalated promptly and recorded in project RAIDs. Should there be deviation from communicated plans ensure that all stakeholders are aware
- Deliver best practice testing throughout all phases of the solution delivery lifecycle
- Conduct static testing of all requirements documents.
- Review design specification documents, highlighting errors and improvements and provide feedback.
- Ensure entrance and exit criteria are adhered to in order to ensure that gates reviews are fit for purpose
- Deliver clear and concise reporting throughout all phases of the solution delivery lifecycle to key stakeholders adapting approach and language to suit the audience
- Check test results, document test failures and successes compared with pre-determined criteria
- Drive continuous performance improvement and efficiencies by taking part in any post implementation reviews and major incident reviews to look for ways to improve test coverage.
- Through trend and pattern analysis provide likely reasons for reoccurring issues or actions.
- Regularly look to improve current processes and documentation, to speed up test delivery whilst not compromising risk
Key performance indicators
- All test scripts will be mapped to requirements and gap analysis performed within defined timescales
- All test techniques to be clearly explained in Test Plans and fully considered for all deliverables
- All test scripts to be contained within the appropriate repository and these utilised for future regression plans
- Test plans and completion reports to be produced in a timely manner and approved before gate reviews
- Work is delivered on time and on budget
- Positive feedback from Test Team Lead and wider department
Knowledge, skills and experience
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing
- Previous experience with Azure DevOps/TFS along with Microsoft Test Manager, JIRA and Zephyr
- Test Automation experience
- The ability to multi-task, manage work under pressure, to complete work accurately and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Understands business priorities and processes
- Able to work on own initiative whilst observing defined processes
- Questioning, challenging and business analytical mind in order to make recommendations for change / improvement
- Good time management skills and organisational ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to tailor communication as appropriate
- Experience of managing stakeholders and developing strong relationships
- Flexible and able to cope with change