Technical Underwriter – Schemes (200828)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 14/10/22
About the Role
The role holder will act as the technical specialist with responsibility for overseeing a number of scheme accounts, case work and the delivery of coaching, training, procedures and practices, technical updates, working with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite existing schemes business within own authority and in line with Ecclesiastical strategy.
- Oversee a book of established scheme business with everything that entails with annual reviews, budgetary discussions and relationship management.
- Act as referral point for the wider customer service area in the region and Scheme brokers.
- Provide structured coaching to individuals
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Use and champion the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support Ecclesiastical’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Identify training needs and deliver training where appropriate
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance
- Analyse team audit results and identify and implement solutions to improve future results.
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy.
- Provide team manager support as and when required.
- Represent and promote Ecclesiastical at customer, partner and industry events where required
- Act as liaison between own area and the head office underwriting team
- Provide project support as required
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
- Manage own caseload
Key performance indicators
- Delivery standard to within agreed SLAs
- Timeliness and quality of reporting
- Meet retention/NB targets
- Adherence to UW strategy
- Delivery of COR targets
- Increased level of technical competency within the UW team
Knowledge, skills and experience
- ACII qualified or commitment to achieve within an agreed timescale
- In depth insurance technical knowledge
- Appropriate IT skills
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment
- Confident and influential communicator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- The ability to build and manage co-operative and productive relationships
- A proven track record of acting as a coach within a commercial environment
- Experience and ability to analyse and produce relevant MI
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Competitive Group Personal Pension
- Annual Bonus scheme up to 24%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A holiday buy and sell scheme
- An array of health and wellbeing benefits, including private healthcare
- Company support for those studying for financial services qualifications