Service Management Specialist (200374)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 03/12/21
About the role
The role holder represents all IT provided services to business and is responsible for all Service Support and Service Delivery actions taken to ensure they meet business needs and IT Requirements. Responsible for overall IT Customer Satisfaction.
- Enhance value through quality of service and technical delivery
- Enable and champion an IT service culture. Champion and promote service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction with IT services
- Oversee development of ITSM ‘best practise’ process model- and controls to ensure quality is maintained to meet business objectives. Provide the authority or ability to make changes in the process as required, and manage processes end-to-end so as to ensure optimal overall performance. Communicate the organizational vision and the process’s strategic goals to business units and IT organizations
- Review service metrics (KPIs) that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend and coordinate implementation of changes to ITSM services to improve metrics
- Maintain day to day responsibility for the ownership and resolution (including any referral or escalation as may be necessary) of Service Management issues which arise in connection with ITSM Services.
- Responsible for reviewing problem trends and proactively taking actions to identify problems and remove errors for a department or business unit. Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process
- Provides a single point of contact and is responsible for coordinating all IT change functions within Ecclesiastical.
- This role has prime responsibility for maintaining the availability and reliability of IT services to ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives. Provide a range of IT availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis improvement plans are maintained and delivered.
- Ensure appropriate OLAs/SLAs in place to support any new services. Analyze and review actual service performance against SLAs and OLAs and provide regular reports on service performance and achievements
- Maps an IT provided service (or set of services) to a business process and is responsible for all Service Level Management activities for that (Those) services.
- Applies available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and communicates at a consistently high standard both technical and descriptive information, in writing and verbally.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual workflow effectively to deliver exceptional service, ensuring present and future demand is adequately resourced.
Invest In relationships
- Proactively build successful internal and external relationships to support excellence in delivery
- Maintains links with appropriate counterparts within business functions and plays a full part in bringing solutions to implementation
- Manages suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets. Manages implementation of supplier service improvement actions. Use suppliers' expertise to support and inform development roadmaps. Manages operational relationships between suppliers. Ensures potential disputes or conflicts are raised at an early stage, with clear escalation paths for resolving them. Performs bench-marking and makes use of supplier performance data to ensure that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Works with colleagues (inc Supply Chain) to identify constraints and opportunities when reviewing contracts
Personal and Team Development
- Take ownership and an approach of continuous improvement to their own skills, knowledge and personal development
- Actively promote an environment where team members perform to their full potential
- Motivate and drive service delivery teams to maximise individual performance and to deliver business value
Share and Collaborate
- Participate in continuous improvement reviews. Identify and lead opportunities to improve current methods, practices and processes
- Ensures that views of all parties are considered, verified and validated within the stakeholder community.
- Plan, arrange and facilitate meetings, workshops and relations with staff during investigations and throughout service delivery.
Key performance indicators
- 360º feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Delivery standard to be 100% of pre agreed SLA’s for incident/request resolution
- Improvement or retention of standards in customer satisfaction
- Improvement or retention of standards in system availability
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualified in one or more relevant ITIL core processes, or expectation to achieve within an agreed timeframe (between 12 and 24 months)
- Significant IT experience in a similar role, proven experience of core technologies gained through involvement on relevant projects
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical staff, operational business staff, and with external suppliers and customers
- The ability to build co-operative and productive customer relationships
- A clear appreciation of the need for exceptional standards of customer experience and evidence of a strong commitment to delivering improved standards
- Good standard of educational achievement to A-level minimum standard
- Proficient in analysing the underlying issues in complex problems by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts.
- Understands the needs of the internal or external customer.
- Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
- Delivers effective presentations.
- Familiar with Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Organisational and problem solving capabilities
- Strong leadership qualities allied with effective workflow and process development
- A clear appreciation of the need for exceptional standards of delivery and evidence of a strong commitment to delivering improved standards