Senior/Risk Management Consultant - Casualty (200392)
- Location: Home based
- Duration: Permanent
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 14/10/22
Are you looking for something that is more than just your typical insurance industry or risk management job? Would you like to get up each day knowing that you are part of something that supports the greater good? An insurance company owned by a charity that supports flexible working? Too good to be true? Well, why not take a closer look?
Ecclesiastical Insurance is the UK’s largest British owned independent insurance company and part of the only financial services group owned by a charity. We are strengthening our award winning Risk Management team and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional looking to apply their liability skills.
About the Role
- This home-based role allows for a great deal of flexibility and empowered ways of working.
- Risk Management has been at the heart of Ecclesiastical’s specialist underwriting and customer proposition for almost a century and we have a reputation for market leading expertise in the high net worth, education, care, charity, faith, real estate and commercial sectors that occupy heritage buildings. We insure some of the country’s leading landmark and most iconic locations and, as the country’s largest insurer of Grade 1 listed buildings, our aim is to protect the irreplaceable, a truly privileged position helping to protect our fabulous built heritage!
- You’ll have a diverse and challenging mix of survey assignments across all of our customer groups and you’ll receive ongoing support with your personal development.
- Operating across the UK, you will have a willingness to travel, to deliver underwriter, broker and customer support. You will have a unique opportunity to apply your specialist liability skills to do this. This will include producing assessment and improvement reports to a highly professional standard.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- An enquiring mind, open to innovation and a desire to excel for our customers is what we’re really after, although you’ll also need the following too…
- Significant experience in health and safety across a breadth of public, private and third sector organisations including care
- Experience of undertaking liability surveys, including safeguarding audits/reviews for underwriting purposes
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- A good appreciation of the insurance market, including the commercial interaction between the various stakeholders, in relation to liability matters
- A willingness to work outside own comfort zone to support wider business and personal development opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and influential communicator at all levels.