Digital Specialist (200373)
- Location: Gloucester
- Duration: 12 month fixed term contract
- Working hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Application end date: 03/12/21
About the role
To manage and deliver digital communications projects and initiatives
- Provide front end Web content management platform support for UKGI and group websites.
- Building engaging web pages, advising stakeholders on content best practice
- Google analytics reporting
- Support our social media agenda, developing and implementing our strategy and working with colleagues to deliver compelling and engaging content that resonates with our audiences and which supports business objectives
- Support our email strategy with email build, dispatch and reporting.
- Support development and delivery of digital projects and initiatives which support marketing communications activity
- Maintain an understanding of customer experience and behaviour online
- Maintain an awareness of our digital presence compared with competitors
- Manage agencies to a brief as required
- Provide marketing consultancy/support to the business, including 3rd parties
- Analyse our digital presence to produce ROMI reporting – making and implementing recommendations
- Ensure all marketing initiatives meet the guidelines of the various brands, are technically correct and compliant with FCA and other regulations
- Expected to work as required across all aspects of the marketing team functions working outside own area of specialism when needed
Key performance indicators
- Meet campaign objectives
- Deliver ROMI
- Meet enquiry / NBiz / GWP / retention / other sales targets for specific business partners
- 360 feedback
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience working in a digital marketing team desirable or other suitable marketing qualification.
- Previous experience developing digital communications
- Planning and project management skills.
- Stakeholder management and relationship building experience
- Supplier management experience
- SEO/PPC; good knowledge and evidence of using CMS (ideally SDL Tridion and/or others); or social media management experience
- Awareness of website accessibility