Closer to You
Doing something meaningful on your behalf
We’ve always been a different kind of business. Since 2016 we’ve donated more than £97m to over 7,000 charities and we have our sights set on £100m+. As part of our charitable giving purpose, we want to donate £2,500 to a charity that means something to you.
In 2020 Select brokers chose a variety of good causes including homelessness, environment, education, hospital workers, young carers and troubled teens. As a result, we’re proud to have donated over £78,000 to 37 charities on behalf of Select brokers.
About the programme
We’ve always wanted Closer to You to be more than just a non-specific donation, which is why we give Select brokers the exclusive opportunity to nominate a cause that’s close to their heart for us to support.
Applications for 2021 donations are now closed. Charities Trust will perform some due diligence checks and then in May, your charity will receive the donation from us1.
How does Closer to You work?
- Nominations must be received by 5 March 2021.
- Charities should be registered with The Charity Commission. If they are a newly registered charity (less than six months) or a community organisation, a vetting form may need to be completed which we can help you with.
- Your Key Account Manager can help you complete the nomination form and with any other queries.
- We will confirm approval and your Key Account Manager will provide you with your certificate.
- In May your charity will receive its donation.
- Now it’s time to shout about it! Share the good news on social media and with the press. Tell the story of how your donation will help your charity.
1 We work with Charities Trust who are a leading independent donations management organisation. We provide them with the details and funds for the successful applicants. They perform due diligence checks and will pay the charity. Charity banking statements will show ‘Ecclesiastical’ as the payee.
2021 nominated charities
Supporting you to volunteer
Corporate giving isn’t just about financial support. It’s about sharing skills, resources and building relationships. It doesn’t need to be a long-term commitment either – a few hours or a couple of days can really help the causes that mean the most to your business and your employees.
We can help you form a team and arrange help for the charity of your choice, providing your charity with valuable resource, and us the opportunity to build our relationship. Talk to your Key Account Manager about how we can put this in place2.
2 In line with current COVID-19 restrictions.
What can we all contribute?
- Consider the charity/s that mean the most - local, relevant to your business ethics, a cause such as mental health, children, animals or the environment.
- Identify what you have to offer – number of people, time, professional or vocational skills.
- Research what charities need – practical help, trustees, guidance.
- Align what you can offer to the charity’s need and you’ve got a perfect match!